RE: Job position for South African Coalition for Transitional Justice (SACTJ) Administrative Coordinator
Reporting: Reports directly to the SACTJ Management Committee
Objective: The SACTJ Coordinator is responsible for the running of all coordination and administrative functions of the SACTJ as directed by the SACTJ Management Committee. This includes communications, social media and the coordination of SACTJ management committee, sub-committees and overall reporting.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create and manage the SACTJ Google group
- Schedule all general meetings
- Taking minutes and reporting
- Oversee and process SACTJ applications
- Coordinate meetings and reports for the SACTJ Sub-Committees
- Liaise with SACTJ members as required
- Oversee all events and meetings
- Assist with oversight and functionality of SACTJ work
- Assist with coordinating media queries and responses
- Increase the online presence of SACTJ through setting up and managing social media accounts
- Consistently keeping the website updated
- Creating social media content
- Development and publishing of press releases and other articles to increase the presence of SACTJ in media
- Creating and managing a database of media contacts
- Reporting to management committee and general membership
- Develop and operationalise SACTJ media strategy
- Line up payment and requisitions
- Keep record of payments made
- Management of internal financial reporting as directed by management
- Sourcing and reporting on quotations
- Conduct research under the guidance and as requested by the Research Committee
- Support the work of other SACTJ committees when requested by the Management Committee
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years in a coordinator role preferably for a coalition or board of directors.
- University degree in political science, transitional justice or human rights or diploma in management and administration.
- Good knowledge of human rights and transitional justice in South Africa
- Fluent in English and one or more South African languages is required.
- Impeccable project coordination skills
- Proven experience in social media content creation and management
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrated research skills.
Knowledge and interest in transitional justice in South Africa and the areas of SACTJ’s work:
- Submit a maximum 2page motivation letter
- Submit a 2-page CV
- 2 References that will be contacted
Submit your application to:
In the subject line use the reference: SACTJ Administrator Application (and add your name).
Submit by: 8th February 2023
The SACTJ reserves a right not to fill a position.
To download the job description in pdf click HERE.